21 CFM Dual-Stage High Capacity Vacuum Pump – Edwards
**Note: This Item will ship by Freight ONLY**
Edwards E2M28 21 CFM Dual-Stage High Capacity Vacuum Pump. The EM range of oil-sealed rotary pumps – renowned for its high ultimate vacuum, rapid pumping speed, quiet operation and ability to handle vapour – has become the industry standard laboratory and light industrial applications.
The E2M28 pump is a two-stage, direct drive, sliding vane pump. The pump is oil sealed and designed for reliable, long-term operation in both laboratory and industrial environments. The pump is a freestanding unit with the drive provided through a flexible coupling by either a single-phase or three-phase (four-pole) motor.
- The pump is designed for reliable, long-term operation.
- Thermal overload device prevents overheating (single phase only).
- The pump is a free-standing unit.
- The drive is provided through a flexible coupling by a single-phase or three-phase (four pole) motor.
- The motors are totally enclosed and are cooled by the motor-cooling fan.
- Easy to use controls.
- Pressure die cast oil box with integral oil seals prevents oil leaks.
- Gas ballast valve for large water vapour handling capacity.
- Externally approved to EN61010, CSA, C22.2 and UL61010.
- Oil distribution valve.
- Pumping chambers are air-tight.
- Oil sight-glass, two oil drain-plugs, inlet-port and outlet nozzle all fitted as standard.
- Gas-ballast control.
|Displacement (swept volume)|
|50 Hz||32.2 m3h-1 / 19 ft3min-1|
|60 Hz||38.9 m3h-1 / 22.3 ft3min-1|
|Speed (Pneurop 6602)|
|50 Hz||27.5 m3h-1 / 16.2 ft3min-1|
|60Hz||33.0 m3h-1 / 19.5 ft3min-1|
|Ultimate vacuum (total pressure)|
|without gas ballast||1 x 10-3 mbar / 7.5 x 10-4 Torr|
|with gas ballast||1.5 x 10-2 mbar / 1.1 x 10-2 Torr|
|with Fomblin®||1 x 10-2 mbar / 7.5 x 10-3 Torr|
|Inlet connection||NW25 flange|
|Outlet connection**||Nozzle 15 mm external Ø removable from 3/4 in BSP tapped hole|
|Max allowed pressure at outlet||0.5 bar gauge / 7 psig|
|Max inlet pressure for water vapour||30 mbar / 23 Torr|
|Max water vapour pumping rate||0.7 kg h-1|
|Operating temperature range||13 – 40 °C|
|Nominal rotation speed||1440 / 1720 rpm|
|Motor power 50 Hz||0.75 kW|
|Motor power 60 Hz||0.90 kW|
|Power Connector 1-ph*||IEC EN60320 C19|
|Weight||44 kg / 97 lbs|
|Noise||57 dB(A) @ 50 Hz|
|Oil capacity – max||1.5 litre|
|Oil capacity – min||1.2 litre|
|Recommended oil (supplied)||Ultragrade 19|
• Customers using solvents such as stabilization resins (MinWax™, Gator Venom™ etc.), alcohol and other polar solvents must use the vacuum pumps in conjunction with a cold trap for evacuations in excess of 5 minutes. (Excludes Cactus Juice™)
• If the consumer is using the pump for prolonged periods of time exceeding 5 minutes we require that a cold trap is used or the pump warranty is void.
• These stabilization resins have the ability to break down the internal components of the pump that are plastic resulting in a seized motor voiding all warranties.
• When evacuation exceeds 5 minutes these solvents begin to vaporize and then re-condense in the vacuum pump reservoir. Once enough solvent re-condenses in the pump displacing the oil the plastic internal components may begin to warp, melt or seize. The use of a cold trap will condense the vapors prior to making their way to the vacuum pump preventing pump damage due to excessive use. Furthermore, Minwax Wood Hardener™ is not to be used with any vacuum pumps, EVER. (A seized motor will result within the first use.)
• To prevent these issues from happening to your process, change the Oil after each vacuum pump use, Even if the use time is only 5min.
There are no reviews yet.